So Hum Foundation currently supports 63 non-profit organizations, half operating within the USA and half working internationally.
Grants to organizations operating within the USA support a wide range of educational, environmental, animal welfare, health and cultural work. The majority of these charities are relatively small organizations based in Oregon and California.
- Ceasefire Oregon Education Fund
- Everywoman Treaty
- Farm Sanctuary, Inc.
- Friends of Lincoln County Animals, Inc.
- Friends of the Columbia River Gorge
- Habitat for Humanity International (Lincoln County)
- Human Kindness Foundation
- Humane Society of Ventura County
- Los Padres Forest Watch
- Mercy Corps International
- Nature Conservancy
- Neighbors for Kids
- Ojai Valley Land Conservancy
- Opal Creek Ancient Forest Center
- Oregon Community Foundation
- Oregon Humane Society
- Oregon Shores Conservation Coalition
- OSU Marine Mammal Institute
- Pollinator Partnership
- Power of Hope
- Project Avary, Inc.
About Jerry Jones
Jerry’s extensive travels, particularly in India, added a new dimension to his spiritual life, that of practicing service and philanthropy. In 1989, he began teaching meditation in churches, prisons and retreat centers free of charge, which he would continue to do at age 80.
For those who knew him, Jerry set an inspiring standard for honesty, forthrightness and integrity. These qualities opened doors for him in business and fostered a spirit of philanthropy and leadership in others.
So Hum Foundation typically “partners” with charitable organizations to fund a portion of their annual operating expense, and is especially interested in self-reliant and self-sustaining programs, ecologically sound practices, and high value for money donated.